Channel Commercials is a Kent-based commercial vehicle dealership with separate sales, servicing and parts departments, across a total of 6 locations throughout the county.
Having worked with PAEM before, Channel Commercial’s Sales Director asked PAEM to help organise their 30th Anniversary company celebration. Key to the success of this event was finding a central location easily accessible for all the staff and their partners, totalling around 250 people.
PAEM had successfully worked at the brewery before and knew straight away that the Old Brewery building would provide a unique setting for this special occasion. The clever use of marquees, fake grass, potted shrubbery and topiary, along with old brewery barrels for tables and picket fences allowed a temporary ‘garden’ to be created for the evening.
Given that the whole company was attending, there was a range of delegate profiles from apprentices to Directors. The client’s objective was to provide hospitality that would appeal to everyone and which they would all enjoy.
Highlights of the trip included:
- Guests were greeted by an act called Trees Alive, where what had previously appeared to be Topiary statues came to life as guests arrived! The act then mingled with the audience throughout the drinks and dinner reception.
- A 1960’s Mini converted into a photo booth.
- Close-up magicians circulated and delighted the crowd with their illusionary skills, before performing more tricks on stage.
- A live band led by former “The Voice” contestant Adam Isaac, brought the evening’s entertainment to a climax.
- A dance floor was created, surrounded by pieces of the brewery’s history on all walls.
- Guest arrivals and departures organised on a number of dedicated coaches originating at their company depot.
The client’s objectives were successfully achieved and a truly memorable time was had by all.
“I just wanted to pass on my personal thanks for a very enjoyable evening on Saturday. Reports from staff today, indicate that they all had a great time.
As always, the evening appeared to be flawless and ran like clockwork, which is testament to the organisation and attention to detail employed by you and your team. It was clear to me how hard it was for you to keep everything running on time and organising everybody.
I would also like to thank you for your concern and effort in assisting me in getting the presentation sorted.”